WesBAM! Is a program run through WesWell, Wesleyan’s Office of Health Education. Therefore, your work as a WesBAM! instructor is overseen by WesWell. As WesBAM! Instructor, it is important to familiarize yourself with both the WesBAM! and WesWell mission statements.
WesBAM! Instructor Job Description
The responsibilities of a WesBAM! Instructor are part independently driven through organizing their individual class, and part team driven to help the WesBAM! community flourish. Independently, the instructor is encouraged to build a class program that they are passionate about. As a team, instructors are expected to attend all staff meetings, and volunteer for group events, such as Promo Week. Typical time spent as an instructor and meeting other WesBAM!/WesWell obligations is 3-4 hours a week.
So, what does it take to be a WesBAM! Instructor?
- An understanding that you possess personal responsibilities for your individual class, and team responsibilities to collaborate with the other instructors.
- Well-organized, accountable, strong communication skills, and a passion for wellness.
- Proof of a nationally accepted certification in the discipline you wish to teach.
- Assist with at least 1 WesWell event per semester - outside of regularly taught classes.
- Attend monthly meetings and social gatherings.
- Hosting and organizing at least one community class or one community program per semester.
- Regularly showing up on-time and prepared to teach your classes.