WesBAM! Is a program run through WesWell, Wesleyan’s Office of Health Education. Therefore, your work as a WesBAM! instructor is overseen by WesWell. As WesBAM! Instructor, it is important to familiarize yourself with both the WesBAM! and WesWell mission statements.
We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2018 Semester. Please fill out the application below!
WesBAM! Instructor Job Description
The responsibilities of a WesBAM! Instructor are part independently driven through organizing their individual class, and part team driven to help the WesBAM! community flourish. Independently, the instructor is encouraged to build a class program that they are passionate about. As a team, instructors are expected to attend all staff meetings, and volunteer for group events, such as Promo Week. Typical time spent as an instructor and meeting other WesBAM!/WesWell obligations is 3-4 hours a week.
So, what does it take to be a WesBAM! Instructor?
- An understanding that you possess personal responsibilities for your individual class, and team responsibilities to collaborate with the other instructors.
- Well-organized, accountable, strong communication skills, and a passion for wellness.
- Proof of a nationally accepted certification in the discipline you wish to teach.
- Assist with at least 1 WesWell event per semester - outside of regularly taught classes.
- Attend monthly meetings and social gatherings.
- Hosting and organizing at least one community class or one community program per semester.
- Regularly showing up on-time and prepared to teach your classes.